VALHALLA ENTERTAINMENT’s THE WALKING DEAD PREMIERE SWEEPSTAKES – Official Rules 2012
VALHALLA ENTERTAINMENT’s THE WALKING DEAD
PREMIERE SWEEPSTAKES : Official Rules 2012
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A Purchase Of Any Kind Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning. Void Where Prohibited.
Follow @GunnerGale to enter to win a trip and ticket to the S3 Premiere. Then, get more people to follow @Gunner Gale and be entered again! Tell everyone to credit you by following @GunnerGale and retweeting your tweet or tweeting, @entrant (your handle) told me to follow @gunnergale and I did. #Gunnergale. Each time someone credits you, you are entered again. The more times you are entered, the better your chances are to be selected in the random drawing.
- Sweepstakes Period: VALHALLA ENTERTAINMENT’s THE WALKING DEAD PREMIERE SWEEPSTAKES (the “SWEEPSTAKES”) ends at 11:59:59 am ET on 9/21/12 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). One winner will be selected at the end of the Entry Period, from among all eligible entries received during that Entry Period, in order to award one (1) Grand Prize.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories), who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of their entry and who have access to the internet and AMC prior to learning of this Sweepstakes. Employees of American Movie Classics Company LLC, Valhalla Entertainment, LLC. (“Sponsor”) and any of Sponsor’s or Administrator’s, or their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void everywhere else outside the U.S. or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, local and municipal laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding.
- How to Enter: Throughout the Contest Period eligible entrants must follow @GunnerGale on twitter and tweet or RT to encourage others to follow @Gunner Gale. To get credit for bringing followers to @Gunner Gale, entrants’ followers must follow @GunnerGale and tweet “@Entrant told me to follow @GunnerGale and I did.” #GunnerGale If entrant already follows @GunnerGale, they can still be entered into the contest by being credited for new followers. Entrants who do not follow @GunnerGale at the time of the drawing will not be eligible. Each new follower who credits another follower (Entrant) gives an entry to that credited follower. There is no limit to the number of times one may enter. Entrants are encouraged to get as many people as possible to follow @GunnerGale to give them more entries. At the end of the entry period, A Random Drawing of all entries will select the winner. All entries must be received during the applicable Entry Period. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.
- Grand Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):“Grand Prize”: 1 (1) Grand Prizes will be awarded throughout the Sweepstakes Period; One (1) Grand Prize consists of the following: A 3-Day/2-Night trip, for the Grand Prize winner to Los Angeles to attend the Season Three premiere. Grand Prize package consists of (a) round-trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest to winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor), to a major U.S. gateway airport nearest determined production/filming location (as determined by Sponsor); and (b) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations at a hotel of Sponsor’s selection; ARV of the Grand Prize is twelve hundred dollars ($1,200).
- Grand Prize Conditions: All Grand Prize details, including but not limited to trip dates, are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner will be notified once the premiere party details are announced, but may receive less than fourteen (14) days notice prior to trip departure. If a Grand Prize winner is not able to travel on dates, or remain for the duration specified by Sponsor, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to a Grand Prize winner other than to supply the Grand Prize trip to the location as described above within one (1) year from the date of prize notification, or at Sponsor’s sole discretion, provide Grand Prize winner with the total ARV of the Grand Prize trip. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Grand Prize (or a portion thereof) with another prize of greater or comparable value, as determined by Sponsor. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winners to be in possession of all necessary travel documentation (e.g., Photo ID, valid passport (if applicable)) at the time and place of departure, or prize may be forfeited. Actual value of Grand Prize depend on any fluctuations in current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and the location of winner’s residence. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Trips are subject to air/hotel availability, the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, schedule or route changes, holiday and blackout dates, and any other travel conditions/restrictions that may apply. All other expenses relating to acceptance of a Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to, taxes, additional meals and transfers, beverages and gratuities, are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winners. Complete terms and conditions of Grand Prize trips will be furnished with prize notification and/or further correspondence. Travel arrangements will be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route and select hotels in their sole discretion. Grand Prize trips may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Sweepstakes entities will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any expenses that may be incurred as a consequence of a transportation cancellation/delay. If a Grand Prize winner resides within a 100-mile radius of the determined production/filming destination, ground transportation or a different method of transportation may be provided for such Grand Prize winner in lieu of air transportation and hotel stay, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to a Grand Prize winner if they act in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the premiere party. Grand Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions or cash awards are allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Administrator will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to each Official Grand Prize winner for the actual retail value of the Grand Prize for the tax year in which Grand Prize is accepted. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. If any portion of a trip prize is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, that portion of the prize will be forfeited, the remaining components of the Grand Prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be deemed fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Grand Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of a Grand Prize. Limit: One (1) Grand Prize per person/household.
- Drawing & Notification/Acceptance: After the Sweepstakes Period there will be one (1) winner selected to be the one (1) Grand Prize winner. The selection will be held after the Entry Period ends, from among all eligible entries received during that Entry Period. Sponsor will conduct the Random Drawing. The decision of Sponsor is final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Grand Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Entry Period. Potential Grand Prize winners must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept the Grand Prize and be confirmed as an Official Grand Prize winner. Sponsor will notify each potential Grand Prize winner by phone, email, and/or twitter direct message after the Random Drawing. Upon notification or notification attempt, potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability, non disclosure agreement and publicity release (where legal) as well as a W-9 form, within three (3) days of such notification or notification attempt (or less if specified by Sponsor upon notification or in the release documents, due to exigencies) or such Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner, who will be selected in a drawing from among remaining eligible entries from the corresponding Entry Period, will be notified by phone, email, and/or twitter direct message. Sponsor will attempt to contact the Grand Prize winner two (2) times during the three (3) day period. If notification attempts for the potential Grand Prize winner fail for any reason, or if the potential Grand Prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules, such Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible entries from the corresponding Entry Period. Acceptance of a Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use the results and proceeds of a Grand Prize winners’ services hereunder and the name, voice, actual or simulated likeness and biographical information of each Grand Prize winner in connection with the Sweepstakes and The Walking Dead and the exploitation thereof (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
- General Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the a Selected Winner, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry will be declared the potential Grand Prize Winner. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Acceptance of a Grand Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use Grand Prize winners’ names and likenesses for promotional, advertising or any other purposes in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
- Limitations of Liability: Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Sweepstakes Entities and Gale Anne Hurd harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, including participating in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether sponsored, held by, or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor. Each entrant agrees to indemnify Sweepstakes Entities and Gale Anne Hurd from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities and Gale Anne Hurd have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize herein. Additionally, the Sweepstakes Entities and Gale Anne Hurd are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered entries; or for any virus contracted by an entrant’s computer through participation in the Sweepstakes, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access. Sweepstakes Entities and Gale Anne Hurd are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the airing of the codeword, notification of the potential Grand Prize winner, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sweepstakes Entities and Gale Anne Hurd are not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or entity. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods or third-party software or website or any other devices which subvert or manipulate the entry process will void all entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bug, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt, manipulate or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice of the action at the Promotional Site. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the potential Grand Prize winner in a random drawing from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
- Disputes, Governing Law and Venue: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Valhalla Entertainment, 3201 W. Cahuenga Blvd. Hollywood, CA 90068
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID IN PR AND WHERE PROHIBITED. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY. Valhalla’s The Walking Dead Premiere Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 US states and DC, 21 or older.